Although there has been a renaissance in the quality and diversity of natural skin care products that are out there on the market today, coconut bath products have risen above and beyond the call of duty, leaving skin feeling naturally soft and refreshed.
One trick is to use coconut oil as a moisturizer. Here’s eight steps you may wish to consider.
1. The first step to the softest skin is to cleanse the skin thoroughly. Be sure to use warm water, which gently opens up pores without exposing them too much, which can lead to skin breakouts.
2. Find a proper cleanser that also uses natural ingredients, so that this leaves skin feeling refreshed without overburdening it or stripping it of moisture. If you see a long list of ingredients that you can’t pronounce in your cleanser, it’s probably not a good idea to use this. vanilla skin care is one option that leaves a pleasing scent.
3. When drying skin after cleansing, pat the skin dry rather than rubbing a towel onto your face, which can be harsh and irritate sensitive skin.
4. After this initial preparation of your skin, you can apply an exfoliating agent to the face if you wish to remove any dead skin cells that may be clogging your pores. This helps open up your skin to the benefits of using the coconut oil as a moisturizer.
5. By cleansing and exfoliating skin, you will then be prepared to apply the coconut oil as a moisturizer. Take out your oil, with a cotton puff or swab to apply it.
6. Using gentle circular motions, rub the coconut oil into your skin, giving it time to soak into the skin and dry properly before applying any more.
7. If there is any excess oil on the skin, this can then be removed with the same cotton, or rubbed in further into the skin. The idea is to ensure that your skin is properly moisturized without any excess grease on it. Because coconut is so lightweight, it is easily absorbed without residue.
8. Be sure to follow up your skin care routine with the application of a proper sun block, to prevent the sun from doing any damage to your skin. sunscreen coconut oil is able to block the rays gently, without introducing harsh chemicals to the skin.
Using coconut oil as a moisturizer is a great way to help keep your skin feeling smooth and soft. I hope these tips have been helpful for you.
About the author: David Burns is the founder of http://www.naturalislandskincare.com Visit the site for more great information related to coconut bath products, using coconut oil as a moisturizer, vanilla bath oil and frangipani products.